top of page
  • Writer's pictureICP Web

Marrying of child

Question: My friend said l gave you my daughter for your son and I said OK (the required number of witnesses were not there). Both are very small kids; like my son was 3 years old and his daughter was 4 years old. That's considered Nikkah? بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful


If the ijab (proposal) and qabool (acceptance) took place in the presence of two male witnesses or one male and two female witnesses (and all witnesses were adults and sane), then the marriage would be valid. (Mukhtasar Al Quduri: p. 468-469 [Bushra])

However, due to the absence of witnesses in the above-mentioned scenario, the nikah will not be valid.

Only Allah knows best

Written by Maulana Mohammad Ahsan Osmani Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah Darul Ifta Birmingham

32 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Returning gifts after divorce

Question: In our community Muslim Marwari Silawat Jamaat (Registered) Jaisalmeri Karachi, it is a tradition that boys wear gold ornaments on a loan to a girl. The girl is not made the owner of these o

Khula without husband's consent

Question: My wife took the degree of Khula from City Court Karachi on 25th August 2023, without my consent. I appeared in court. Answered all the allegations leveled by my wife. Despite the judge's de

Delegation of Talaq

Question: Marriage registration is mandatory in all countries. As far as I know, Islam has not given the power of divorce to women, but they can ask for divorce from their husbands. In many countries,


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page